Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Espresso Trail

My first espresso maker (Kitchenaid) was pretty darn cool looking, but was the espresso-machine equivalent of an EasyBake.  Just wouldn't do what it needed to, and the grinder particle size adjustment was in huge jumps that wouldn't let you adjust the grind to pull a good shot.





My current set up is more than adequate!  I am not complaining at all.  Pulls great shots, the grinder is top-shelf, and can the boiler can turn the shots over as fast as I can make the drinks.
Nuova Simonelli Mac2000s machine with a caf and decaf grinder

So, my dad used to tell me that if I wasn't happy with what I had, then I would never be happy with what I wanted.  He was teaching me about being content.  So, I am happy with what I have.  I'm just saying that this is a nice espresso machine:


Victoria Arduino Athena double brew group with spring-loaded levers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when you get the VA can I buy your old junky one?
P

Unknown said...

I have a hard time describing my thoughts on content, but I really felt I should here. Your article is really great. I like the way you wrote this information. My First Espresso