Tuesday, February 1, 2011

In My Infancy

O God of complexity
And nuance


O lover of commanding
The impossible


Of shrouding Truth
In mystery and simplicity


Bring peace to my startled heart
As you contemporarily reveal
My poverty


My poverty of generosity
And affection
Of understanding
And sight
Bring Peace to my startled heart


I had, in my infancy
(Moments ago)
Thought myself
Wise


Only to have that thought
Swept away
By the flood of
Your Son
The overwhelm of a glimpse past
My View


This epistemological disorientation
Exegetical dullness
Makes coherence impossible


And there You are again
Thanks be to God – You
My Generous, All-Knowing
Poetic
God


You are here, too
When I am
Lost


I can-
Wonderful Peace-
Find my home
In...
You


As I stumble
In this,
Your
Wilderness


You:
Home
Peace
Love
Infinite Applicator of Yourself
Heal
Call
Whisper
Impart


I accept the complexity
And
The nuance


As Long
As You are There

Citation:
Clark, David. David's Journal: Volume Nine. Gurley, Alabama: Dave's Journaling, 21 December 2010.

No comments: