Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Book Review of A Wrinkle in Time

A Wrinkle in Time
by Madeleine L'Engle

I have seen this book for decades, and it always seemed just weird...I guess a combination of the title and the different cover arts that I have seen accompanying it.  But some time back, I read someone commenting on it.  I don't remember who, or what the comments were, but it made me want to read the book. So I did.

My Review: Pretty easy to read.  The plot was interesting enough to keep me going.

This is a science fiction, or fantasy, or religious-alternative-universe type of book. It bears some resemblance to C.S. Lewis' Space Trilogy:  A brother and sister looking for their lost father, end up being carried by demoted stars (or something) to other planets, and given the task of rescuing their father from "The Darkness".  They learn some stuff on the quest about truth, and themselves and the nature of "reality".  

Final Analysis: I came away with a few metaphors to add to my thinking, and I'm glad to have read it, if only so that I no longer have to wonder what it is about.  There are sequels, which I probably won't read, unless I happen to hear that they are just too good to miss.

No comments: