Wednesday, March 2, 2011

First (and Second) Cafe655 Blog Offering

So, some bloggers offer high-end SLR cameras or books that they have written as either an inducement or a recompense for some desired action on their blogs. (If anyone ever offers the 20-volume set of the Oxford English Dictionary as a reward on their blog, I am so going to try and get it, (almost) whatever it takes.)

I don't have any spare Canon Rebels hanging around, nor any books with "David Clark" on the spine or Copyright page (yet), or any OED 20-volume sets (and I wouldn't give it to you if I did have it). But:  I do have some green coffee beans, and a Gene Cafe coffee roaster on my workbench.

So:

Here  is my first offering:

I have a Forum on this blog, (found in the row of buttons under the blog title) and my hope is that it will be used as a platform for responding to the things that I post on this blog.  An appropriate response can take a number of forms: disagreement with corresponding reasons, agreement with additional thoughts, posting something new that harmonizes with/or highlights by disagreeing with something that I have posted or written.

It is not a platform for Facebook-like status updates.  It is a place for discussion and dialogue.

Therefore:

From now (2 March 2011) until end-of-day 9 March 2011, I will be watching the Forum Page.  Whoever posts the most thought-provoking* response to one of my posts will be hand-delivered (if local, to me) or shipped 1/2# of freshly roasted coffee.

(* "the most thought-provoking" is based on my own subjective response to the post.  If there is only one post to the forum...that will de facto be the most thought-provoking...so: hope to see (read) you there.)

My Second Offering is along the same lines...but is more corporate in nature:

The first person that writes a Forum Post (in any time frame...not limited to the next week) that generates additional discussion (from someone besides me) will also cause me to go and roast 1/2# of coffee and get that delivered to the person who started that discussion.

No comments: