Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Third Blog Offering

You know that feeling:  "there's a word for that"..."its on the tip of my tongue".  You have some thought, and you know that there is a word that more-or-less perfectly expresses that thought, and when you finally "find" the word, or someone else guesses what word you are looking for...satisfaction!  At least, that is how it is for me.  It is like being smallishly lost for a little while, and then finding the path again.  I love that feeling.

Is there a word for that feeling?  I don't know.

So, I have a third blog offering:

If you think you have a good word for that definition...the word for "the experience of finding the right word that you have been searching for", then post it as a comment.  I will then select what I think are the best few potential words, and then post it as a Poll on the sidebar.

You can post your potential word to the comments section until midnight, Friday, 25 March.  I will then select the best 3 or 4, and post the poll.  The poll will close midnight, Sunday, 27 March, and the person who gets the most votes will receive 1/2 pound of freshly roasted coffee from the Cafe655 blog staff (me).

Speaking of blog offerings, congratulations to Scott R...the winner of the first blog offering.  He should be sipping his coffee by now.

The second blog offering (see the Blog Offering tab at the top) is still open.  Head over to the Forum and chime in on the conversations or start your own.
A good word is 'pregnant with meaning'. -R.C. Sproul

No comments: