Sunday, March 20, 2011

Eric Metaxas

How have I missed this guy?  Eric Metaxas recently published a biography on Bonhoeffer.  I have only read one chapter (my friend Mike told me to read a few paragraphs, and I got sucked into the story, thought about "borrowing" the book "accidentally" but thought better of it...)

I came home and Googled "Eric Metaxas", and then wondered to myself, "How can anyone actually do everything that he has done in one lifetime?" I would think that it was impossible, except I am friends with Austin Boyd, who is startling productive himself: husband, father, author, CEO of a company, teacher, ...so I assume that Mr. Metaxas has a similar personality or capacity to focus.

This video is long...but at least listen to the first part...probably the cleverest introduction of a speaker that I have ever heard:


Eric Metaxas on "Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy" from Socrates in the City on Vimeo.

No comments: